Opera Tools — Tools Supplementing the Opera Browser
Opera is one example of a powertool: it's small, fast, feature-rich and standards compliant. It can be supplemented with the following powertools or services for enhanced functionality. Please, state which platforms the software runs (Linux, Windows etc.) and also if it is shareware or freeware.
Configuration / editing / Opera specific
Text editor / Source editor / Web Authoring
- Notepad++ — Text editor based on the Scintilla edit component (SciTE?). It has improved and easy interface, powerful and easy to use, supports several programming languages and by request it can use several plug-ins.
- CatchColor — A system tray Eye Dropper — Copies a Screen colour to the Clipboard [ Right Click Options ] — [ 10 kbytes — No Installation Necessary ]
- Cream for Vim — Cream is an easy-to-use configuration of the powerful, free, and famous Vim text editor for both Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux.
- SciTE — A very small yet very powerful syntax coloring HTML/CSS/INI file editor/viewer. For Linux and Windows.
- Notepad2 — It's a small, fast and free text editor with syntax highlighting for HTML and other common languages.
- http://www.jedit.org One of the most powerful and professional editors around, multi-platform and built in Java.
- Crimson Editor — Freeware but professional text editor with very good syntax coloring for Windows
- Eclipse — Complete free IDE for programming. Supports a lot of languages by plugins.
- GIMP — The GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. Win32 Port
- WinMerge a free file comparison app for windows.
- HobRes32 — A system tray Screen Resolution Changer — 8bit to 32bit and Refresh Rates all Changeable / Extended Properties ] — [ 3 kbytes — No Installation Necessary ]
- SmartColor / HTMLColor — Photoshop style color picker for web development / Color grabber
- Vim — One of most powerful editors, and loved by a lot of Linux/Unix users. However, it is a bit difficult to learn how to use. For Linux, Windows, DOS, Mac, OS/2... Source-code available.
- UniRed — unicode editor with sources in Delphi.
- Beyond Compare — advanced file and folder comparison utility for Windows, helps you visualize changes in your code, keeps your directories in sync, and validates copies of your data. 30-day trial.
- Compare It ! — The most powerfull text compare tool around. Shareware, Windows.
- NoteTab Pro — The Swiss army knife of all text editors. Windows only. 30-day trial.
- Paint Shop Pro — Extremely powerful image editor
- WikiPad — wikidPad is a Wiki-like notebook for storing your thoughts, ideas, todo lists, contacts, or anything else you can think of to write down. (Python based and may be slow for you. If you find a native one with the same features, please include)
M2 / Mail Tools / Mail web services
- Convert Opera Contacts to CSV — online tool to convert to CSV formatted contacts
- GMail Loader — Allows one to easily import mailboxes into GMail. For Opera use MBS2MBX first then this.
- MBS2MBX — A conversion tool that reads e-mails from Opera's e-mail client M2 and saves them as standard mbox files. Requires Python to be installed!
- Dawn Address Book convert — Import contact information from other sources
- Despammed — Free spam removal email gateway to wrap your existing email account
- FastMail — Free FAST IMAP/Web email account (integrates nicely into M2). Can pop hotmail
- K9 — Bayesian spam filter/server mail manager
- MrPostman — A program that allows you to access Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and other webmail services directly from your favorite mail client (hint). — Open source, Java application thus available for all platforms.
- nntprss — Allows fetching RSS feeds into M2 by emulating a java nntp server
- Spamihilator — Bayesian spam filter
- Spambayes — Another bayesian spam filter. Covers POP3/IMAP4
- Mailbag assistant — Open, archive, extract, search, filter M2 exports or the entire Mail DB
- ICQ to go: Java web based ICQ client — can be used in a hotlist panel.
- irssi — Internet Relay Chat client for Linux
- Miranda IM — Free & small ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, ... capable instant messaging client
- X-Chat — Free Internet Relay Chat client for Windows/Linux/...
- HydraIRC — Free Internet Relay Chat client for Windows (native)
- mIRC — Shareware Internet Relay Chat client for Windows
- Trillian — Very feature complete universal instant messenger (ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, IRC, Jabber (Pro only)). Comes in a free and a paid (Pro) version.
- FileZilla — A fast FTP client for Windows with a lot of features. FileZilla? Server is a reliable FTP server.
- WinSCP — A SFTP and SCP client for Windows using SSH.
- Tunnelier — Free for personal use; An excellent Windows SSH terminal and SFTP client with full tunneling capabilities (i.e. tunnel normal FTP or VNC over SSH secure connection).
Regular Expressions / Text Processors
- Gema/Gel — An amazing text transformation language, more powerful than RegExp's for most text manipulation. There is also a Win32 GUI available for it here.
- RegExp Coach — To test & tune those RegExps!
File Management / Explorer Replacement
- FindAndRunRobot — An excellent and extensible free application launcher for windows; basically replaces the Start menu / quicklaunch, plus allows triggering of searches, macros etc.
- bbLean — A replacement for the Explorer Shell, using less memory.
- oSync — An open-source cross-platform tool to synchronize bookmarks/addresses/settings between Opera installs on different computers. Has compression, encryption, and can convert bookmarks to html.
- BookmarkBridge — A free cross-browser and cross-platform bookmark file synchroniser and converter. Supports Opera, Firebird, Mozilla, IE and Konqueror.
- Bookmark Manager — an open source free bookmark synchronizer and converter which can also check for dead links, and update redirects. Supports Opera, Netscape (including Mozilla/Firebird/K-Meleon etc.) and MSIE. Win only.
- Opera > IE Bookmark Converter — A simple Opera bookmarks to favourites converter for Windows.
- SiteBar — Store your bookmarks online (can be used transparently in the hotlist)
Proxy / Webfilter/ Advert Remover / Webserver
- The Abyss Web Server — A tiny 111KB fully compliant HTTP/1.1 server, capable of CGI (PHP, ASP, Perl etc.) and a nice web administration interface. Available for Windows, MacOS? X, Linux, and FreeBSD
- The Proxomitron — Powerfully and dynamically rewrites web pages the way you want to see them (including ad-removal and, cookie management etc). More info on The Proxomitron is available here. For windows.
184.108.40.206 (2006-01-08 06:13:37)
NonTroppo (2006-01-13 14:03:28)
220.127.116.11 (2006-01-16 00:26:58)
18.104.22.168 (2006-01-16 09:33:40)
22.214.171.124 (2006-02-07 19:59:00)
126.96.36.199 (2007-02-19 15:06:50)
188.8.131.52 (2008-01-22 21:45:06)
PeggyHines (2010-07-20 08:57:42)
184.108.40.206 (2011-04-21 10:59:29)
220.127.116.11 (2011-06-25 16:18:55)
18.104.22.168 (2012-02-10 23:17:17)
22.214.171.124 (2012-02-12 04:10:56)
126.96.36.199 (2012-02-12 11:53:46)
188.8.131.52 (2012-10-18 16:30:04)
184.108.40.206 (2012-11-04 03:35:21)
220.127.116.11 (2013-02-01 03:50:52)
18.104.22.168 (2013-02-27 07:20:18)
22.214.171.124 (2013-03-23 08:44:04)
126.96.36.199 (2013-04-19 10:18:26)
188.8.131.52 (2013-05-01 08:50:35)
184.108.40.206 (2013-05-13 20:25:36)
220.127.116.11 (2013-05-25 07:19:25)
18.104.22.168 (2013-05-27 18:59:35)
22.214.171.124 (2013-06-19 07:40:23)
126.96.36.199 (2013-06-19 08:11:20)