Data: URI Test Page
This page tests data: URI links (see spec here), a way of embedding content within the HTML of an already hosted page. My discovery of data: URIs was inspired by Ian Hicksons post and his wonderful data: URI Kitchen.
- Here is an embedded image test - it works after being generated by the data: URI Kitchen, but seems to get mangled by the WIKI:
- The same image as above, base64 encoded and mangled in Opera <V7.5, although it works fine in FireBird and Opera V7.5. Ian Hickson has confirmed that this was due to bug number 122763 in Opera:
- If I base64 encode exactly the same image manually (using this program) and then use that, it seems to work, because the above bug causes opera to choke on the escaped characters the Kitchen generates, and this manually generated example does not contain those escaped characters:
- Another base64 encoded image, found linked in Hixies embedded style-sheet, works fine - doesn't contain line-breaks like the manually encoded image:
- A final test to see if V7.5 can deal with this image, straight from the kitchen into the wiki (answer: yes it can! - and V7.23 fails):